Spring is in the air and that means spring cleaning. We also need to be thinking about spring home maintenance as well. The goal is to prevent things from going wrong or catching little problems early before they become major problems. Here’s a list of spring maintenance tasks you can get done on a weekend.
- Checking your gutters and your downspouts. Gutters and downspouts get clogged up over winter with leaves and debris. Getting on a ladder every spring and clearing that gunk out will save you from leaks breaks, pools of stagnant water, and a big repair bill.
- Drain the water heater. Your water heater should be 100% train a couple of times a year. Why? All kinds of minerals and sediment buildup in the bottom which equals corrosion and water that doesn’t heat as fast as you like.
- Test your smoke detectors. This spring home maintenance item can literally save your life. Test the detectors of both your smoke and carbon monoxide and put fresh batteries in.
- Filter out those dirty filters. HV AC filters get dirty. They collect dust pollen pet hair and dirt. And then re-circulate all those things back to their house if you don’t clean or replace them regularly.
- Inspect your roof. Most roofs will last years but if and only when they are inspected regularly and repaired.
Preventative Spring Home Maintenance is a great idea and easy task to complete!